READING GROUP: Best Practices for Effective Online Teaching
Join us for a reading group series on to explore best practices for effective online learning. We’ll use short readings, videos, and/or podcasts to discuss best practices for course design and delivery.
You do not need to attend ALL sessions to participate in this group. Feel free to drop in when your schedule allows and/or when the topic appeals.
Readings & Multimedia
- JUNE 10: Read How to Be a Better Online Teacher
- JUNE 24: Read Quantity Is Not Rigor and experiment with the Rice University Course Workload Estimator
- JULY 8: Read Zoom Boom and pp. 5-14 of
- JULY 22: Read Online Learning: What Works for Low-Income Students? and A Trauma-Informed Approach to Teaching Through Coronavirus
- AUGUST 5: Read Humanizing Online Teaching and explore the How To Humanize Your Online Course infographic.
All DLSI training sessions will be recorded. The recordings will be posted on Canvas in the DLSI’s Training and Workshops course and/or in the Canvas Training Hub. The recordings will be available ONLY to La Salle faculty and staff, and will be used ONLY for training purposes.