Jeannine Uribe, Ph.D., R.N.
As an assistant professor in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Dr. Uribe teaches public health nursing for the undergraduate and graduate nursing students as well as international public health nursing in the RN-BSN online program. Dr. Uribe was an assistant clinical professor at the College of Nursing and Health Professions at Drexel University, where she started a study abroad experience for the Online RN-BSN nursing program.
Dr. Uribe’s scholarship addresses nursing history with a focus on international public health nursing projects introducing U.S. nursing trends into other countries. Her clinical practice includes experience in many of the neighborhoods of Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs serving as a home care nurse, clinic nurse, and case manager.
Areas of Specialty
- Public health Nursing
- Public health nursing history
- Community Health: Home Care
- Global Health
- Case Management
- Nursing urban immigrants
- Ph.D. Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- MSN Public Health Nursing, La Salle University School of Nursing & Health Sciences
- BSN, Purdue University
- ASN, Purdue University
- Public Health Nursing
- International Public Health Nursing
- Chapter: Uribe, J. (2014). History in the making: Organizing a nursing history dissertation. In M. de Chesnay (Ed.), Nursing research using historical methods. New York: Spring Publishing Company.
- Chapter: Dreher, H.M. & Uribe, J. (2011). Role theory and the evolution of professional roles in nursing. In H.M. Dreher & M.E. Smith Glasgow (Eds.), Role development for doctoral advanced nursing practice (pp. 47-65). New York: Spring Publishing Company.
APA and writing skills. Workshop Presentations for the Visiting Nurse Service of New York, New York City, NY.
Cold War Politics and Nursing: Jessie Scott Assesses Nursing Manpower in India Through a U.S. Lens. Presentation at the Annual Convention of the American Association for the History of Nursing, Cleveland, OH.
Setting up Clearly Defined Lines of Authority: Nursing Leadership under Sophia Pincheira. Presentation at the International Perspectives in History of Nursing Conference, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, England.
All nationalities, creeds, and colors: Pan American Nursing Care. Presentation at the Spring Colloquium on the History of Caregiving, Barbara Bates Center for the Study of the History of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA.
Exporting public health nursing to Chile: Elizabeth W. Brackett, 1942-1944. Presentation at the Annual Convention of the American Association for the History of Nursing, Rochester, MN.
- American Association for the History of Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau, International
- Association of Community Health Nursing Educators