At a Glance
- Award Amount: Varies
- For freshmen students
- Separate application required
- Deadline: See application
About The Program
The Maguire Foundation will provide “last dollar” scholarship support to three or more selected students graduating from the listed Philadelphia schools for four years of matriculation. Maguire Scholars who are selected by their respective institutions must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher. They also must be an active participant in their school through extra-curricular activities or volunteer in their community. There are currently 27 partnership institutions in higher education.
Eligible students for this scholarship program …
- Have graduated from one of the listed partner high schools.
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade average or equivalent in high school.
- Have completed a Maguire Scholars Program Application (see below), including a letter of recommendation from supervisor of a volunteer/ community service or extracurricular activity.
- Are engaged in community service and/ or extracurricular activities.
- Qualify for admission to La Salle University.
- Demonstrate financial need by having an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $0-$20,000.
- Can contribute at least $5000 per year to tuition, room & board.
- Agree to participate in an annual Maguire Scholars Program event.
- Will participate with regular “Maguire Scholar Mentoring” in accordance with La Salle University requirements.
All applications must be submitted or postmarked in their entirety by March 1, 2018.
- Complete the application
- Complete the personal statement essay
- Letter of recommendation
Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15, 2018 and include your desired institutions.