Planning for the Spring 2021 Semester
Some of the outcomes gained from the Certificate Program in Fraud and Forensic Accounting:
- Master techniques necessary to detect, investigate, and deter fraud.
- Acquire helpful investigative practice aids, such as governmental and nongovernmental Web sites, sample interview questions, and checklists of symptoms for employee embezzlement and management fraud.
- Gain hands-on experience with software used in fraud detection.
- Understand the key differences in fraud-detection engagements versus external and internal audit engagements.
- Acquire the technical skills to perform symptomatic fraud auditing, also known as proactive vs. reactive fraud-specific auditing.
- Experience techniques used in data extraction/analysis in fraud detection.
- Become proficient in the types of investigative techniques and evidence.
- Understand the impact of internal controls in the fraud environment.
- Become able to identify the psychological and sociological factors that contribute to the perpetration of fraud.
- Become proficient in creative financial reporting through the misapplication of generally accepted accounting principles and fictitious and sham transactions.
- Gain knowledge of ethical behavior and standards of conduct.
- Learn the step-by-step guide to writing and defending the fraud investigative report.