How to Apply for the PRNP Teacher Scholarship
Submit the following to Apply for the Philadelphia Regional Noyce Partnership Teacher Scholarship Program:
- Application Form (For information on how to apply and to complete the application form, please go to http://prnp.org/background/prnp-noyce-scholarship.)
- Personal Essay
- Current Transcript
- Two Professional Recommendations
If selected to move forward, you will then interview with the PRNP Scholarship Selection Committee.
The application process will open December 1, 2018.
|Application Process Opens||December 1, 2018|
|Round I Submission Deadline||March 1, 2019|
|Round I Interviews||March 18- March 25, 2019|
|Round I Application Award Notification||April 1, 2019|
|Round I Application Award Acceptance Deadline||April 15, 2019|
|Round II Submission Deadline||Applications will be considered after April 15 depending on the availability of funds.
|Round II Interviews|
|Round II Application Award Notification|
|Round II Application Award Acceptance Deadline|
About the PRNP Teacher Scholarship
The Philadelphia Regional Noyce Partnership – Scholarship partner institutions include Arcadia University, Bryn Mawr College, Community College of Philadelphia, La Salle University, Saint Joseph’s University and Temple University, with Saint Joseph’s University being the lead institution on the project. Greer Richardson, Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Programs in Education (firstname.lastname@example.org), leads the La Salle University component of the project.
Overall, the project aims to recruit over the next four years, 55 new STEM teachers from the PRNP-S Partner Institutions with the goal of:
- Increasing the number of STEM majors that enter and remain in teaching in high-need schools in the Philadelphia region
- Increasing the social capital of Noyce program participants at all levels
- Increasing Noyce teachers’ understanding of Culturally Responsive Teaching practices
- Increasing Noyce teachers’ knowledge of Education for Sustainability content and pedagogical practices
Questions about the PRNP Scholarship should be directed to Bonnie Hallam, PRNP-S Program Coordinator at email@example.com.