Student Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Understand the concept of translation studies by reading informed criticism in the theoretical field, thereby contextualizing the discipline in general terms.
- Demonstrate and apply enhanced knowledge of Spanish as related to translation practices.
- Employ limited training in consecutive and simultaneous interpreting, as these skills are required in most fields using translators in the United States.
- Use specialized vocabulary and concepts in order to work bilingually in law, business, and medicine.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the translator’s place in a professional setting.
- Develop and enhance their linguistic competence and cultural awareness.