Student Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
1. Understand the concept of translation studies by reading informed criticism in the theoretical field, thereby contextualizing the discipline in general terms.
2. Demonstrate and apply enhanced knowledge of Spanish as related to translation practices.
3. Employ limited training in consecutive and simultaneous interpreting, as these skills are required in most fields using translators in the United States.
4. Use specialized vocabulary and concepts in order to work bilingually in law, business, and medicine.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the translator’s place in a professional setting.
6. Discover ways to further their professional development.
7. Develop and enhance their linguistic competence and cultural awareness.