Candidates for La Salle’s M.A. in TESOL program must meet the following admission standards:
- The applicant must complete an online Application for Admission. (https://www.lasalle.edu/grad/) free of charge.
- Provide evidence of successful academic achievement in completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education. A GPA of 3.0 or better is desirable. An “official” transcript from the college/university where the baccalaureate degree was earned is required.
- Acceptable scores on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). GRE (Graduate Record Exam) results are also acceptable.
- This requirement may be waived for those applicants that already hold an advanced degree. Proof of an advanced degree will be required (official transcript). This requirement may also be waived for those applicants with an undergraduate GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.5 or better.
- Generally, applicants to this program should already possess a currently valid teaching certificate (Instructional Level 1 or 2 in the case of Pennsylvania issued teaching certificates). A copy of the teaching certificate is required.
- The applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from former professors or current supervisors who can provide insight about his/hers abilities and talents, as well as comments on his/her aptitude/capacity for graduate level studies.
- The applicant must submit an 500-1,000 words essay stating why he or she is interested in the program and what are his or her goals related to this program including those goals related to: career, research and academic accomplishments.
All documents should be sent to the following:
Office of Graduate Enrollment
La Salle University – Box 826
1900 W. Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
215.951.1100 / Fax 215.951.1462