Gaming in Training to Improve Retention, Reduce Accidents, and Improve Profitability
Presented by: Jay Bhatt, President & CEO, MYMIC LLC
- The LEVEtm concept was derived from the realization that in most virtual environment training, especially in cultural training, the totality of the environment is not being used.
- LEVEtm provides new learning effectiveness by replacing traditional, person-to-person interaction with learning from the environment as a whole.
- LEVEtm is differentiated from existing systems, however, by providing richer, deeper, and more effective instruction through delivering learning content via learning objects and assessing learning via assessment objects.
- Learning and assessment content is dynamic, changing within a single experience based upon the actions of the learner.
- The altering content is controlled by an internal LEVEtm instruction management system (IMS) that also ensures appropriate learning and progress reports are delivered to the learners and their organization.
- MYMIC developed and embraced LEVEtm to develop the Virtual Port Training Tool (VPTT) for the Virginia Port Authority (VPA). This learning technique was used when building immersive and interactive 3D virtual training simulations for the longshoring, marina, shipping, shipyard maritime industry sectors as well as manufacturing, power and construction. Customers include, Ports America, Signal Mutual, Sherwin Williams, APL, Maritime Professional Training, Colonna’s Shipyard, Trade Team and others.
Archived Recording: http://youtu.be/psFFGY4LBGU