School Nurse Certificate Program
La Salle University’s School Nurse Certificate Online Program prepares nurses to serve children from infancy to 21 years of age in school settings. The specific programmatic focus is the needs of school aged children and adolescents. School nurses provide preventive health teaching and manage primary health care needs. They deliver services that improve the health status of children based on the principle that healthier children achieve greater academic success. The La Salle University’s School Nurse Certificate Program enables registered nurses who have earned baccalaureate degrees in nursing to prepare for and receive initial certification as school nurses.
Standards for Admission
- Evidence of successful academic achievement in completing a baccalaureate degree in Nursing. Course work must include: two undergraduate mathematics courses and two undergraduate English courses (English Composition and English/American Literature) verified on transcript.
- Grade point average of 3.0 in baccalaureate program
- Current RN licensure in Pennsylvania
- Current CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certificate
- Current professional liability (malpractice) insurance
- Evidence of Health Assessment (Physical) by Physician or Nurse Practitioner
- Two letters of reference from professors or supervisors. At least one reference must be an academic reference
- A statement of philosophy
Please note: N.B. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and Miller Analogies Test (MAT) are NOT required for acceptance to the School Nurse Certificate Program.
The Graduate Admissions Committee meets at regularly scheduled intervals during the year. Students in the School Nurse Certificate Program must be accepted by the School of Nursing and the La Salle University, Department of Education.
All students are assigned a faculty advisor upon admission to the graduate program. Faculty advisors are available by appointment for student advisement concerning course selection any time during the year and especially during the preregistration period. Students must have approval from their advisor for all courses they select. No pre-registrations are processed without the advisor’s permission.
NUR 581 The School Nurse and the Exceptional Child
NUR 582 School Nurse Practicum
EDC 503 Lifespan Human Development
EDC 510 Educaiton and Human Exceptionalities
School Nurse Certificate (SNC)
Total: 13 Credits
The School Nurse and the Exceptional Child
School Nurse Practicum
Lifespan Human Development
Education and Human Exceptionalities
Gainful Employment Disclosure: To view the Gainful Employment Disclosure the Certificate Programs mentioned above, click on link below.