Robin Danowski, MS, RD, LDN
Assistant Professor of Nutrition
Benilde Tower 3010
Robin Danowski, MS, RD, LDN is a Registered Dietitian and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist. Robin has a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and Master of Science in Community Health. Robin has over 15 years of experience as a dietitian in the hospital and outpatient setting, including 5 years of experience caring for high-risk dialysis patients.
Danowski combines her nutrition expertise and her passion for teaching in her role as an Assistant Professor of Nutrition at La Salle University. Prior to joining the faculty at La Salle, she taught at Drexel University and Penn State Abington. She provided training for future dietitians both as a clinical nutrition preceptor and as an Assistant Coordinator of the Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway at Drexel University.
Danowski is the founder of Main Line Dietetics, a private nutrition counseling practice on the Main Line. Robin’s areas of expertise include weight loss, healthy eating, kidney disease, diabetes, hypertension, and prenatal and postpartum nutrition. Robin believes in a non-diet approach to healthy eating. She uses evidence-based nutrition to help her clients reach their nutrition goals.
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Weight Management
- M.S., Community Health, Old Dominion University, 2007
- R.D., Nutrition Internship, Mayo Clinic, 2001
- B.S., Nutrition and Dietetics, East Carolina University, 2000
- Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Nutrition 165: Principles of Nutrition
- Nutrition 200: Lifecycle Nutrition
- Nutrition 341: Medical Nutrition Therapy I
- Nutrition 342: Medical Nutrition Therapy II
- Nutrition 402: Clinical Nutrition Practicum II
- Nutrition 411: Community Nutrition Practicum II
- Nutrition 472: Nutrition and Exercise
- Nutrition Perspectives for the Physical Therapist. University of the Sciences, Philadelphia, PA, March 20, 2017.
- Surprising Ways to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain. Classes Without Quizzes Homecoming Presentation, La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA, November 19, 2016.
- What to Eat Before a Marathon. Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions. Webinar, 2016.
- Healthy Eating. Phi Mu Sorority, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 2015.
- Nutrition Therapy for Stage 5 Kidney Disease. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 2015.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Pennsylvania Dietetic Association
- Delaware Valley Society for Nutrition Education
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs
- Tri-state Renal Dietitians Association