Organizational Leadership is an online program offering learners an experiential learning environment that fosters critical-thinking, through the application of technical and professional expertise needed to make strategic real world business decisions.
The curriculum provides many opportunities for learners to practice the role of an organizational development consultant; recognizing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the impact of change within an organization.
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM COMPETENCIES:
- Identify effective leadership skills in order to meet organizational goals.
- Understand how a global perspective, team and group dynamics, organizational structure, change management, culture, and innovation connect with effective organizational leadership.
- Explain the effective leadership tools and techniques for survival, growth, increased productivity, and relationship building in today’s fast-paced business environment.
- Develop approaches to recognize, plan, and implement change in complex organizational systems.
- Generate effective communication (written, oral, and technological.)
- Set priorities for outcomes and results that impact the organization, e.g., critical thinking, decision making and problem solving.
- Facilitate meetings and presentations using technologies and communication strategies for different audiences within an organization.
- Evaluate employee performances, re-training strategies, and assessing organizational needs.
- Analyze financial reports and organizational impacts.
- Assess market research and business restructuring approaches.
- Appreciate a variety of approaches for building professional relationships with clients and employees.
- Value the role of leadership in organizational success.
A Bachelor of Arts degree in Organizational Leadership enhances an individual’s potential for both formal and informal leadership positions. Graduates are equipped with the interpersonal skills to develop key business relationships necessary to influence decision makers within their organizations. They gain the skills to unlock their potential to become effective, constructive leaders who will implement change within complex organizations.
The Organizational Leadership courses listed below are offered in a seven-week online format (Fall, Spring or Summer).
ORL 201 Intro to Organizational Leadership (1st 7 weeks – Term I)
ORL 301 Human Resources Leadership (2nd 7 weeks – Term II)
ORL 304 Leadership Skills (2nd 7 weeks – Term II )
ORL 314 Team Analysis and Leadership (1st 7 weeks – Term I)
ORL 330 Social Media Marketing and Leadership (2nd 7 weeks – Term II)
ORL 340 Analytics, Metrics and Operational Leadership (1st 7 weeks- Term I)
ORL 350 Corporate Conversation and Leadership (2nd st 7 weeks –Term II)
ORL 401 Senior Capstone (Only Offered Once a Year, students must be at Senior Status to enroll -1st 7 weeks –Term I)
ORL 303 Writing at Work (1st 7 weeks –Term I)
ORL 310 Organizational Leadership and Change (2nd 7 weeks – Term II)
ORL 320 Organizational Assessment and Evaluation (1st 7 weeks – Term I)
*This schedule is subject to change and is based upon sufficient enrollment.
Students in the Organizational Leadership program must successfully complete a minimum of 120 credits to earn the Bachelor of Arts degree. At least half of the courses required in the major must be completed at La Salle University. Students must complete the program with a minimum 2.00 GPA.
This program has been designed to help students achieve their educational goals quickly without sacrificing quality.
The University core liberal arts curriculum is offered in an online and face-to-face format. Course instructors are experienced industry professionals with advanced degrees. There is an emphasis on carefully blending organizational theory and practice. Students in the program are expected to participate in online discussions, submit written papers, and complete projects as assigned. Undergraduate students must enroll in at least 6 credits (two courses) to be eligible to apply for financial aid.