Danielle Parks, MPH
Danielle M. Parks works for Independence Blue Cross, where she started in 2015 as a Senior Project Lead in the Informatics department, in October of 2017 she transitioned to clinical services where she currently works as a Population Health Specialist. Prior to moving into health care management Danielle spent over 15 years working in the nonprofit sector where she is responsible for the design, development, management, monitoring, evaluation and daily operation of all operational and programmatic activities of a comprehensive public health prevention program.
Danielle is also Training Specialist with the PA/Mid-Atlantic AIDS Education Training where she coordinated trainings for HIV providers and provides technical assistance to HIV health care and social service organizations in the city of Philadelphia.
Danielle began as an adjunct professor at Temple University in the Department of Public Health in 2013 and LaSalle University in the School of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- Certified trainer and facilitator for several CDC evidence-based HIV interventions
- Certification in Analytic Leadership in Informatics
- Certified by the American Red Cross as an HIV/AIDS Education and Prevention Instructor
Certified HIV counselor through the Philadelphia Department of Public Health AIDS Activities Coordinating Office.
Areas of Expertise
- HIV/AIDS, Sexual Transmitted Infections, Maternal Child Health, Nutrition and Education
- Human Sexuality, Diabetes education, Risk and Harm reduction, domestic violence, cultural competency, behavior theory
- Women’s Health, Teen pregnancy
- Temple University: Bachelor of Science in Community Health Education May 2000.
- Drexel University: MPH May 2005
- AIDS and Society, Public Health Leadership
- Introduction to Public Health, Nutrition and Exercise
- Behavior Theory, Cultural Competency, Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Perceptions of HIV risk among African American, heterosexual, professional women: Danielle Parks, MPH, Roberta Waite, Ed D, RN, PMHCNS, Elizabeth Gobs, MPH, CHES, Jill Foster, MD and Barbara L. Bungy, MPH, CHES