Public Safety Action Plan
The safety of the La Salle University community remains our highest priority. Over the last three years, La Salle Public Safety has made significant changes to enhance safety on campus and in our off-campus student living areas. The following are updates to our Public Safety Action Plan released in February 2019.
Public Safety launched the #SaferTogether campaign. This campaign encourages community members to become active participants in the pursuit of safety on campus, expand awareness and increase users of Rave Guardian, the University’s two-way texting application.
- The #SaferTogether kick-off event took place during finals week in December in front of the Lawrence Center administration building.
- Also in December, La Salle launched a new partnership with Securitas Security Services to provide security desk receptionists, security booth, and concierge services, as well as bicycle patrol around campus. Their uniforms and unique branding make them easy to identify.
- In November, three high-visibility Chevrolet Equinox SUVs featuring La Salle University and Public Safety branding in reflective material replaced previous Public Safety vehicles. Initial feedback from students has been overwhelmingly positive.
- Security cameras. Additional cameras have been installed on West Campus and in the courtyard of North Halls. IT and Public Safety continue their partnership to provide high-level security technology around campus.
- The Public Safety Advisory Group (PSAG) enters its third year. Comprised of students, faculty, and staff at La Salle, PSAG discusses issues of concern that affect public safety on campus. This group is open to all community members. A meeting schedule is available on the mylasalle portal.
- Philadelphia Police. An increased Philadelphia Police presence on and near campus began in March 2019 and continues. La Salle University hired an additional PPD officer to patrol the areas near campus every evening. PPD officers are regularly near and on campus as part of their patrol duties.
- Information and continuing education.
- Public Safety teamed with La Salle Commuter and Off-Campus Student staff on a program to provide students moving off campus important information about safety and students’ rights as renters. Sessions will be scheduled for Spring 2020.
- R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense) classes will begin in February. More information will be available through the mylasalle portal.
- Public Safety continues to offer free driver safety classes throughout the semester. The first class meets Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 1 p.m. in Good Shepherd. Check the mylasalle portal for additional dates.
For immediate needs, call our 24/7 dispatch center at 215-951-1300, or send a text via Rave Guardian.