For the general campus community, high-quality face masks are optional while indoors on campus. The University can reinstitute a mask requirement in the event of concerning case transmission, or as required by the City of Philadelphia. However, please note that masks are required for individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19 for 10 days after their most recent exposure and for individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 until they have received a negative test. Masks will also be required for certain positive individuals after their release from isolation.
High-quality face masks including KN-95s. Additionally:
- Employees and students are required to carry masks with them while on campus. If an individual requests that you mask in their presence, it is expected that you will comply.
- Faculty may require that all students wear masks in their classroom. If a student would like the class to mask.
- Masks are still required in clinical healthcare settings and in our COVID-19 testing center. Please note, you must always carry an appropriate mask with you.
- According to the CDC, COVID-19 is spread most frequently through respiratory droplets. Face masks are critical in helping to stop the spread of the virus. Remember, by wearing a high-quality face mask, you are protecting those around you. It is a simple step that can prevent you from unknowingly spreading the virus to others (even when you do not have any symptoms).
- If you are not wearing a mask, cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw it away. Wash your hands afterward. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- All Residence Hall Entrances
- La Salle Union Information Desk
- Connelly Library Information Desk
- TruMark Financial Center Lobby
- Information Technology Help Desk (Hayman Hall, 2nd Floor)
- Office of Admission (Lawrence Administration Center, Main Floor)
- Union 301 Testing Center
To report an incident of a student not abiding by these guidelines, please submit an incident report on the portal. To report a faculty or staff member not abiding by these guidelines, please speak with your supervisor or department head.