Julie Valenti received her Bachelor’s degree in Art History from Temple University and her Master’s degree in Art History from the University of Pennsylvania. She has over 30 years of experience in higher education, specifically in academic advising, administration and teaching.
Julie began her career as a Museum Educator at the Philadelphia Museum of Art followed by administration at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts and Holy Family College. At La Salle, in addition to being an Assistant Dean, Julie served for four years as Acting Chair of the Fine Arts Department and has taught Art History as an adjunct faculty member.
Outside of work, Julie enjoys spending time with family and friends, visiting art museums, dancing, hiking and reading.
Areas of Expertise
- General academic advising with a developmental and holistic approach
- Study abroad advising
- Knowledge of curriculum and university policies and procedures
- Member of National Academic Advising Association
- M. A., University of Pennsylvania, Art History, Thesis: Arthur Dove
- B. A., Temple University, Art History, study abroad in Rome, Italy for 2 semesters