Health/Medical Accommodations

If you require housing accommodations for health/medical reasons, you must submit your request to Community Development.

  • For returning students, you must submit your request at least two weeks prior to start of the Housing Selection Process or you may not be eligible to select from available medical accommodations.
  • For new students, you should submit your request by June 1 prior to the Fall semester in which you wish to live on-campus.

Accommodations are based on space availability and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may request the Medical Housing Accommodation Request form from Community Development by emailing

Comfort Animals

Comfort Animals are animals that provide emotional support, particularly (but not exclusively) for residents with a mental health issue or a documented disability. They may be professionally trained, trained by the owners, or require no special training.

Any resident student requesting to have an emotional support animal in on-campus housing is responsible for knowing and adhering to the Emotional Support Animal Procedures policy that is available upon request in Administrative Services (Union #205), Community Development (Union #303), Student Affairs (Union #123), the Student Counseling Center, and Student Health Services (Adjacent to Blue and Gold Dining Commons).

Students must submit all required documentation to Administrative Services for review and consultation with the Counseling Center, Student Health Center, and Community Development professional staff.  If approval is granted, the student must follow all standards described in the policy.  Please contact Administrative Services (215.951.1370), Community Development (215.951.1916), the Student Counseling Center (215.951.1355), the Student Health Center (215.951.1565), or the Student Affairs Suite (215.951.1017) for more information.