Students currently studying abroad or on co-op trips during the Spring semester while the Housing Selection Process is under way for the next academic year are eligible to participate in the Housing Selection Process following the same steps as other returning students.
You should complete and submit the Housing Application (Step 1). Make sure your name is part of formed roommate group (Step 2) if you are planned to live with someone. If you are looking to participate as an individual then you will not need to complete Step 2.
For Students Participating in Study Abroad During the Fall 2017 Semester
- Apply for housing, only completing Step 1. Students planning on participating in Study Abroad during the fall semester and then returning to live on-campus apply for housing during the normal Housing Selection Process for returning students.
- Students approved for Study Abroad for the fall semester will be deferred from proceeding in the Group/Individual Intention Form portion of the Housing Selection Process until the end of fall semester of the academic year for which they applied for housing.
- Housing for the spring will be guaranteed for those students who apply for housing by April 30, 2017. This group of students will be first in priority to select from available accommodations and receive housing assignments for the spring semester. Assignment selection for those who apply for housing by April 30, 2017 will be prioritized by individual points, then by date of application.
- As an alternative, students may coordinate a fall “placeholder”. Arrangements for this option should be made during the regular Housing Selection Process and would be bound to the criteria and guidelines set forth by Community Development.
- Students who apply after April 30, 2017 will select a housing assignment based on date of application and space/accommodation availability.
- Students will be notified via Email with instructions on how to select their preferred housing assignment for the spring semester. Students are responsible for checking their La Salle Email account and will be provided a way to pick their assignment on-line in a manner convenient for any Study Abroad location.
Students who participate in Study Abroad and apply for housing are under the same contractual obligations as students who participate in the regular Housing Selection Process. Students must be registered for classes full-time for the semester they plan on living on-campus as noted in the housing contract. Failure to do so may result in the delay and/or loss of preferred housing assignment.
For Students Participating in Study Abroad During the Spring 2018 Semester
- Students planning on participating in Study Abroad during the spring semester may apply for housing during the normal Housing Selection Process for returning students.
- Once they have been approved for Study Abroad for the spring semester of the academic year for which they have applied for housing, they must submit a Housing Withdraw form, indicating they are withdrawing from housing for the spring semester due to participating in Study Abroad. Withdraw requests will be confirmed by Community Development in conjunction with the Multicultural and International Center.
See Study Abroad Website for more information on Study Abroad programs.