Study Abroad & Co-Op Students

How to Participate While on Study Abroad

Students currently studying abroad or on co-op trips during the Spring semester while the Housing Selection Process is under way for the next academic year are eligible to participate in the Housing Selection Process following the same steps as other returning students.

You should complete and submit the Housing Application (Step 1). Make sure your name is part of formed roommate group (Step 2) if you are planned to live with someone. If you are looking to participate as an individual then you will not need to complete Step 2.


Fall Study Abroad Participants

For Students Participating in Study Abroad During the Fall Semester

Students studying abroad for the fall semester should apply for Spring semester housing via the portal (mylasalle—tools—housing & dining—applications).  Applications for the Spring semester are available by December 1.

Students will be updated via their La Salle email in December and January with housing assignment, dining plan, and roommate(s) [if applicable] information.

Students who participate in Study Abroad and apply for housing are under the same contractual obligations as students who participate in the regular Housing Selection Process. Students must be registered for classes full-time for the semester they plan on living on-campus as noted in the housing contract. Failure to do so may result in the delay and/or loss of preferred housing assignment.


Spring Study Abroad Participants

For Students Participating in Study Abroad During the Spring Semester

  1. Students planning on participating in Study Abroad during the spring semester may apply for housing during the normal Housing Selection Process for returning students.
  2. Once they have been approved for Study Abroad for the spring semester of the academic year for which they have applied for housing, they must submit a Housing Withdraw form, indicating they are withdrawing from housing for the spring semester due to participating in Study Abroad. Withdraw requests will be confirmed by Community Development in conjunction with the Multicultural and International Center.

See Study Abroad Website for more information on Study Abroad programs.