What is a mock interview?
The Career Center encourages all students to conduct a mock, or practice, interview prior to an interview with an employer or graduate school. A mock interview allows you to practice answering questions and fine-tune your communication skills in a similar environment to a real interview. Upon the conclusion of a mock interview, you are provided feedback on answers and non-verbal behaviors.
How to prepare for a mock interview
- Use a real job description and employer to guide you in your practice. Ensure that it’s a position you are interested in.
- Research the employer.
- Wear professional attire.
- Bring a copy of your resume and a copy of the job description.
- Know your strengths, weaknesses, and yourself. What situations have you showed leadership? What situations have you shown flexibility?
- Prepare a list of 5 questions to ask the interviewer.
You can schedule a mock interview via Handshake or call 215-951-1075.