REQUIREMENTS FOR MAJOR IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS: 4 COURSES (5 FOR RMI MINORS) PLUS AN INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE(S) AS FOLLOWS:
Four Courses—3 from Category A and 1 from Category B, or 4 from Category A*:
- BUS 300
- ECN 331 OR ECN 333
- FIN 403**
- MGT 356**
- MKT 305**
- Any School of Business-sponsored travel study course**
- ECN 276 (CROSS-LISTED AS HIS/POL 276)
- ECN 330
- ECN 332 (CROSS-LISTED AS HIS/POL 332)
- POL 240
- POL 341
- EDC 218
* RMI minors take three from A and two from B, or four from A and one from B.
** These courses can be counted toward either the primary major or the international business major, but not both. Finance, management, MIS, and marketing majors need nine courses altogether (five in their primary major and four in international business). Accounting majors need
12 courses altogether (eight in accounting and four in international business).
International Experience(s) Requirement can be met by any of the following*:
- Study abroad
- Two travel/study courses (these can be business or non-business courses)
- An approved internship/co-op in another country
- One travel/study course plus a domestic co-op or internship with a significant international component
* Other significant international experience will be considered upon application to the Program Director.