Important Updates Regarding Remote Operations
As we all adjust to our new reality due to the coronavirus disease called COVID-19, we want to assure you that Student Wellness Services at La Salle University will be here to help you in this time of transition and stress. Providing you with best practices information and guidance to maintain your health and well-being is our primary mission. We will be utilizing various technological tools and platforms to achieve our goals. Listed below are the various ways in which you can access our services. Making our services available remotely is new for us as well. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.
As President Hanycz stated in her campus-wide communication on March 16, “This is not the academic year any of us expected, and yet here we are—navigating it, together.”
For information about accessing services for each of the units within Student Wellness Services, click the links below:
For the comprehensive list of the University’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit the COVID-19 website.
- Daily tips and information will continue to be posted on our Instagram, Twitter and Facebook Like us or follow us to receive.
- Weekly updates on relevant health information will appear on Campuswell (Sign up for the app or access through your La Salle app,in the third-party apps section).
- Weekly Wellness Wednesday sessions will occur on Wednesdays from 12:30-1 p.m. on the Wellness at La Salle Facebook page using Facebook Live, from April 1-29.
- Weekly Mindfulness Meditation sessions will be held on Thursdays from 12:30-1 p.m. with Kate Ward-Gaus on the Wellness at La Salle Facebook page using Facebook Live, from April 1-29.
- CHARGE, our partner providing nutrition services, will be providing sessions remotely. To access nutrition services, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Wellness Services at La Salle University consists of three units: the Student Counseling Center, the Student Health Center, and the Substance Abuse and Violence Education Center. Together, these three offices work to support students in their lives outside of the classroom. Through providing health care, counseling, crisis management and intervention services, students receive support and guidance around alcohol and drugs, sexual violence and overall health and wellness throughout their careers at La Salle.
Assistant Vice President – Student Wellness Services
Joanne Dooley, BA
Coordinator, Intake and Operations
Director, Substance Abuse and Violence Education Center
Director, Student Counseling Center
Assistant/Acting Director, Student Health Center