As the sixth-largest city in the U.S., Philadelphia is brimming with global corporations, nonprofit organizations, leading media outlets, historic landmarks, and professional sports teams. How much of a role the city plays in your La Salle experience is entirely up to you. Whether you’re enjoying an authentic cheesesteak, running up the Rocky Steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, or catching an
Eagles game, Philly will be your classroom and playground.
Get to Know Philly:
- Philadelphia has more public art than any other U.S. city.
- It was named one of the world’s 10 best cities for parks by Frommer’s.
- “Philadelphia,” a Greek word, literally means “City of Brotherly Love (and Sisterly Affection.)”
- Independence National Historical Park is one of the most visited monuments in America.
- Philadelphia is ranked as the best city in America for diversity in science, tech, engineering, and math (STEM) fields, by SmartAsset.
- It’s a city of medical firsts including the first hospital in the United States along with the first medical library, first medical school, and the first children’s hospital.