Why take this minor?
Students take a Digital Marketing minor to complement their major by developing the following abilities:
– Ability to create Key Performance Indicators and perform Key Insight Analysis to better understand digital marketing data today.
– Ability to discover the hottest techniques to successfully plan, predict, and manage digital marketing campaigns.
– Ability to analyze the effectiveness of social media, marketing campaigns, SEO, SEM,emails and mobile marketing.
– Ability to use quantitative, qualitative and competitive tools to derive actionable
– Ability to explore the vital role of analytics in businesses’ online marketing efforts and develop digital marketing campaign for a real client based on the analytical reports.
As part of the coursework, students will earn Google’s search and analytics platform
certifications, as well as a Hubspot’s social media strategy certification.
Program Contact Information
Dr. Swee-Lim Chia, Co-Chairperson
Founders’ Hall 331
Dr. Pingjun (June) Jiang, Co-Chairperson
Founders’ Hall 634
Number of Courses Required for Graduation
Number of Credits Required for Graduation
2. Any two from the following:
- BUS 100 Business Perspectives
- ECN 150 Macroeconomics
- BUS 203 Organizational Behavior
- BUS 205 – Business Systems for Analytics
- BUS 206 – Financial Markets and Institutions: Principles and Applications
3. Two out of the following three:
- MKT 306 Internet Marketing
- MKT 311 Applied Digital Marketing Analytics
- MKT 370 Special topics in Digital Marketing
4. One elective out of the following five:
- MKT 302 Advertising and Promotion
- MKT 371 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 312 Mobile Marketing and Social Media
- DART 230 – Intro to Web Design & Development
- COM 338 Social Media
Recommended Course Sequence
1. Freshmen year (year 1)
BUS 100 Business Perspectives
ECN 150 Introduction to Financial Accounting
2. Sophomore year (year 2)
BUS 204 Principles of Marketing with Applications
3. Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year (year 2 – 4)
MKT 306 Internet Marketing
MKT 311 Applied Digital Marketing Analytics
MKT 370 Special topics in Digital Marketing
MKT 302 Advertising and Promotion
MKT 371 Consumer Behavior
MKT 312 Mobile Marketing and Social Media
DART 230 Intro to Web Design & Development
COM 338 Social Media