- Completed evening program application
- Official transcripts for any college/university previously attended
- Cleared criminal record and cleared child abuse clearances from PA and state of residence completed within 12 months.
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Exam required of ALL applicants to the ACHIEVE Program (register here)
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required of any student requesting an international credit evaluation and any student who has attended secondary school in a foreign country. The TOEFL is also required for any student whose primary language is not English and for any student for whom the Admissions and Academic Standards Committee deems a language/communication evaluation is necessary.
- If currently or previously enrolled in an ASN, ADN or BSN program: written confirmation of good academic standing in that program must be submitted by a program representative; admission to La Salle University’s program will not be granted to anyone who has failed out of a prior Nursing program.
Send all applications, transcripts, clearances, and test scores to:
La Salle University
Office of Adult Enrollment, Box 826
1900 West Olney Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141
You may also email your official college transcripts to email@example.com.
- A minimum of 67 of the required 70 credits in the liberal arts and sciences (listing of courses)
- Grade of “C” or higher in Developmental Psychology, Nutrition, and Statistics
- Overall GPA of 3.0
- Science GPA of 3.0; which includes Chemistry (4cr), Microbiology (4cr), Anatomy & Physiology I (4cr), and Anatomy & Physiology II (4 cr); no individual science course grade may be lower than a “C”; students may only repeat one science one-time in order to achieve the required 3.0 GPA or required minimum course grade
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II must be completed within five years
- Microbiology and Chemistry must be completed within ten years
Once an application is complete and the above admission documents are submitted, the Office of Adult Enrollment will review for a general university admission decision first. A favorable general university admission decision provides the opportunity for students to complete any outstanding prerequisite courses at La Salle. Once a favorable general university admission is made and prerequisite courses are completed, the process of a formal decision for the actual nursing courses will begin. Prior to formal acceptance into the nursing major, all students must be interviewed by the Assistant Director of the Evening/Weekend program who will then present each student’s academic file for review by the undergraduate Nursing Program’s Admissions and Academic Standards Committee. This review does not require a separate application for admission. However, formal acceptance into the clinical courses of the major through this review is required. This review consists of both academic and non-academic requirements, including criteria such as (but not limited to) the student’s overall GPA, science GPA, criminal background and health history. A cleared child abuse check, a cleared criminal record check from the state of Pennsylvania and primary residence state, and a cleared FBI nationwide fingerprint check must be current (i.e., within 6 months of starting the nursing major courses).
- Fall semester cohort at the Main campus
- Spring semester cohort to be determined