As an F-1 student you do have the ability to work in the United States but under limited circumstances.

According to U.S. immigration regulations, 8 Code of Federal Regulations 214.1(e): “A nonimmigrant who is permitted to engage in employment may engage only in such employment that has been authorized. Any unauthorized employment by a nonimmigrant constitutes a failure to maintain status…” If you have any questions whether or not your employment is eligible, please contact ISSS at intloffice.edu before commencing your employment.

What is employment?

Employment is any type services provided in exchange for money, tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, food or any other benefit.

Where can you work?