Important Updates regarding Student Counseling Center services:
- Staff members will be checking and responding to emails during business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Important contact information:
- The Student Counseling Center voicemail (215-951-1355) will be checked regularly on weekdays.
- Students who need immediate assistance should call 911 or Public Safety (215-991-1300).
- Students physically located physically in Pennsylvania can request a mental health consultation via Zoom (similar to our walk-in sessions) by calling 215-951-1355.
- Existing SCC clients who are located physically in Pennsylvania have received directions about scheduling ongoing sessions with their primary counselor/therapist.
- The after-hours tele-counseling service is available Monday–Friday from 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 a.m. and throughout the weekend. Call 215-951-1355 and press option #2.
- Students are also encouraged to consider using tele-counseling through their insurance provider. Information about how to access behavioral health services through your insurance provider can be found on your insurance card.
Your years as a college student will remain one of the most transformative times of your life. You’ll make new friendships, broaden your mind and curiosity for knowledge, and experience a wealth of new adventures. But the transition isn’t always easy. Many students also face issues with anxiety, shyness, depression, sexual issues, clarification of academic or career goals, or concerns regarding alcohol and other drugs. These are issues that do not discriminate and can affect anyone, regardless of race, age, or gender. If you are struggling with something, we want you to know that you’re not alone and La Salle University’s Student Counseling Center is here to help you.
With a dedicated staff committed to your well-being and personal development, along with a wide range of services, we will help you face any challenge. Counseling offers you the opportunity to identify, clarify, and resolve issues of importance to you in an atmosphere of trust and confidentiality. Within the context of the counseling relationship, you are able to freely express your thoughts, feelings, and concerns to someone who listens and is prepared to work with you to arrive at new ways of looking at things. If you’re interested in speaking with someone to sort out the present or the future, we’re here to listen and help.
Located in Suite 112 of the Medical Office Building (West Campus), our hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments are usually necessary and can be scheduled by phone (215.951.1355) or in person. Walk-ins are accepted from 1 – 2 p.m. and 3 – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
La Salle University’s Student Counseling Center
Medical Office Building, Suite 112 (West Campus)
We’re open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
We accept walk-ins from 1-2 p.m. and 3-4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Students are strongly encouraged to schedule an appointment to best fit their schedule.
An intake appointment can typically be made within a few business days of contacting us. In an emergency during the day, students will be seen without an appointment. Additionally, we have a designated Walk-in/Emergency Hour at 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To schedule an appointment, you can visit our office in person or call 215.951.1355. Joanne Dooley, our administrative assistant, is always happy to help answer any questions or help you schedule an appointment.