Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of program the student will be able to do the following:
- Apply theoretical and research-based knowledge from nursing and other disciplines to plan and implement safe, quality health care for vulnerable individuals and groups in an APRN or advanced nursing practice (APN) role.
- Facilitate inter-professional collaboration to provide patient-centered, quality, ethical and safe healthcare.
- Analyze the impact of evidence based healthcare interventions on patient outcomes.
- Evaluate health promotion and disease prevention efforts and outcomes to achieve quality healthcare
- Analyze the influence of public policy decisions on the health promotion, disease prevention, and health restoration services provided to diverse populations.
- Enhance clinical judgment and decision-making abilities to address health promotion/disease prevention efforts for individuals, aggregates, or populations.
- Utilize advanced communication and leadership skills to lead quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
- Promote culturally congruent and comprehensive healthcare services to all.
- Analyze healthcare information systems/technologies to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for ongoing professional development.