Program Student Learning Outcomes
At the completion of program the student will be able to do the following:
- Apply theoretical and research-based knowledge from nursing and other disciplines to plan and implement safe, quality health care for vulnerable individuals and groups within the context of a specific APRN or advanced nursing practice role serving specified populations.
- Collaborate with health-care providers in intradisciplinary and interdisciplinary health-care teams to provide patient-centered, quality, and safe health-care services.
- Analyze patient outcomes related to health-care interventions built on evidence-based practice recommendations and professional standards of care.
- Evaluate health-care programs and outcomes to improve and achieve quality health-care services.
- Analyze the influence of public policy decisions on the health promotion, disease prevention, and health restoration services provided to diverse populations.
- Expand clinical judgment and decision-making abilities based on ethical and moral principles to promote the well being of individuals, families, and health-care providers in local, national, and international communities.
- Utilize communication and leadership skills with interdisciplinary teams to improve care delivery systems and health-care outcomes.
- Create culturally competent health-care environments that provide broad and focused services to all persons regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, culture, health-care beliefs, and religion.
- Value life-long learning and continuing professional development.