I became a Registered Nurse in 1991 and graduated from Frankford Hospital School of Nursing with a diploma in Nursing and an Associate Degree in Liberal Arts from Penn State University. In 2014, I graduated from the Family Nurse Practitioner program at The George Washington University School of Nursing, and in 2017 I completed my DNP from Wilkes University.
All of my RN clinical experience is in the Emergency Department. As an FNP, I have worked in the CVS MinuteClinic, in Occupational Health for the Johns Hopkins University, and in a Bariatric Surgery specialty practice at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. To keep my clinical skills current, I work per-diem in an Occupational Health department.
Becoming a Nurse, and then a Nurse Practitioner, have been some of the best choices that I have made in my life. I look forward to working with you as you embark upon your journey to become a Nurse Practitioner!
Areas of Expertise
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Health
- Emergency Department
- DNP – Wilkes University 2017
- Post MSN FNP – The George Washington University 2014
- MSN – University of Phoenix 2003
- BSN – Excelsior University 1998
- RN Diploma – Frankford Hospital School of Nursing 1991
- Associate degree in Arts & Sciences – Penn State University 1991
- Certified Bariatric Nurse
- Certified School Nurse
- ACLS, PALS, BLS
- Certified DOT Medical Examiner
- Women’s Health
- Adult Health
- Roles of the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Population Health
- Clinical for adult, family, women’s health and pediatrics
Mansfield, M. and McGinty, J. Responding to hanging injuries. Nursing 2008. 38(4):56cc1-56cc3, May 2008.