Prof. Richard Powers is an assistant professor of Business Systems & Analytics (BS&A) and teaches courses in Business Information Systems including Business Systems for Analytics, Systems Analysis and Database Design, and Enterprise Information Systems.
Prior to coming to La Salle University, he has been a practitioner in the information technology domain and has held positions with technology and business leadership roles at FMC Corporation, American Water, AmeriGas, Campbell Soup, and Dupont Corporation. He has been engaged with business transformation efforts implementing SAP enterprise resource planning systems, as well as the development of Enterprise Architecture models and the design & deployment of enterprise business applications. He has also taught undergraduate and graduate courses in Information Technology at Villanova University and VFMAC.
Prof. Powers is a graduate of LaSalle University with a BS in Business Administrations and holds master’s degrees in computer science, Business Administration, Software Engineering, and CyberSecurity from Villanova University.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Architecture
- Business Transformation
- Big Data & Analytics
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Supply Chain Management
- Systems Analysis
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, La Salle University
- Master of Science, Computer Science, Villanova University
- Master of Business Administration, Villanova University
- Master of Science, Software Engineering, Villanova University
- Master of Science, Cybersecurity, Villanova University
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Villanova School of Business
- Valley Forge Military Academy & College (VFMAC)
- La Salle University