- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1995
- M.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1989
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1987
- HIS 202 (Themes in American History)
- HIS 251 (Global History since 1500)
- HIS 200 (United States History to 1877)
- HIS 302 (Revolutionary America)
- HIS 302 (Revolutionary America Travel Study)
- HIS 315 (U. S. Civil War and Reconstruction)
- HIS 315 (U. S. Civil War and Reconstruction Travel Study)
- HIS 444 (Independent Study)
- HIS 475 (Internship)
- HIS 480 (Senior Seminar–The American Presidency)
- HIS 481 (Senior Seminar–The Senior Thesis)
The Constitutional Convention of 1787, ABC-CLIO Publishers, 2019.
Volume Editor, A Companion to James Madison and James Monroe, Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
Founding Friendship: George Washington, James Madison, and the Creation of the American Republic, University Press of Virginia, 1999 (softcover ed., 2001, second softcover ed., 2006).
- 2016, Lindback Distinguished Teaching Award, La Salle University
- 2015, George Washington Memorial Award