Areas of Expertise
- Walt Schubert is a Professor of Finance. He teaches courses in speculative markets, portfolio management, global finance, and financial markets. Dr. Schubert also teaches in the La Salle Basel MBA program and teaches the MBA travel study course.
- He conducts research on derivative securities, sovereign wealth funds, and valuation issues and was a Fulbright Professor of Finance at Qatar University in Doha, Qatar in 2009.
- Dr. Schubert does consulting work in the field of derivative valuation and conducts an economic forecast for a valuation publication annually.
- He has written several op-ed articles for I-media, a leading business publisher in Dubai. He also serves on the Board of Directors of Kairos House a non-profit organization that provides housing for families of children being treated for cancer in Guatemala City and provides health missions to the indigenous population in rural Guatemala.
Ph.D. in Economics, Rutgers University, 1978.
- Speculative Markets
- Portfolio Management
- Global Financial Management
- Financial Markets
- MBA Travel Study
Schubert, Walt, Barenbaum, Les, The Sovereign Wealth Fund Controversy: The Issues and Suggestions. Journal of Applied Business and Economics, Vol. 11, No. 2, 2010.
Barenbaum, Les, Schubert, Walt, Measuring Blockage Discounts, Valuation Strategies January/February, 2009
Schubert, Walt and Barenbaum, Les, Equity-Based Executive Compensation, Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, Fall, 2008.
Schubert, Walt, Barenbaum, Les, Real Options and Public Sector Capital Project Decision-Making, Public Budgeting Accounting & Financial Management, Vol. 19, No. 2, Summer 2007.
Schubert, Walt, New Securities Exchange Commission Act SHO, Rule 203: Issues and Process with Respect to Naked Short Sales and the Small Cap Market, Journal of Applied Business and Economics, Volume 6 No. 1, 2006.
Barenbaum, Les, Schubert, Walt, Feder, Robert, The Family Lawyer’s Guide to Stock Options, Book for the American Bar Association, 2007.
Schubert, Walt. Sovereign Wealth Funds: Benefits, Costs and Controversies, National Business and Economic Society. March 2009.
Schubert, Walt. Equity-Based Compensation, National Business and Economic Society. March 2008.
Schubert, Walt. Hidden Pitfalls: The Impact of Regulatory Change on the Small Investor As Seen through the Looking Glass of Securities Exchange Commission Act SHO Rule 203. National Business and Economic Society. March 2006.
Schubert. Walt. New Securities Commission Act SHO Rule 203: Issues and Process with Respect to Naked Short Sales and the Small Cap Market. National Business and Economic Society. March 2005.
Schubert, Walt. Naked Short Sales: The Impact of New Securities and Exchange Commission Act SHO Rule 203 on the Ability to Raise Capital in Small Cap Markets. International Conference on Small and Medium Sized Enterprises. Athens Institute for Education and Research. August 2004.