La Salle offers two options, the career-change certificate program and a grade-enhancement program. Students with a prior experience who need to complete their requirements or wish to re-take some courses can pick and choose on an individual basis.
To receive the Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Certificate and be eligible to apply to one of the linkage programs, students must complete 7 science/math courses at La Salle University. The following 8 laboratory course are necessary pre-requisites for most health professional schools:
- Biology (8 credits)
- BIO 210 Cellular Biology and Genetics
- BIO 305 Mammalian Physiology
- General Chemistry (8 credits)
- CHM 111/112 General Chemistry I and II
- Organic Chemistry (8 credits)
- CHM 201/202 Organic Chemistry I and II
- Physics (8 credits)*
- PHY 105/106
- *Math 113 Algebra and Trigonometry is required for Physics
Additional courses that may be helpful in preparing for the 2015 (and after) MCAT:
- Bio 270 Biochemistry for the Pre-Health Student (3 credits-no lab)
- Soc 150 Principles of Sociology (3 credits)
- Psych 155 Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
Students who enter the certificate program with a few of the above courses completed may choose to take upper division biology courses or other health related courses to satisfy the 7 course requirement for the certificate. Biochemistry for the health professions (Biology 270) is highly recommended. Please note once you begin at La Salle University all courses must be completed at our institution.
Click here to view course descriptions.