St. George Hall will become La Salle’s first dog-friendly residence. While Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) are permitted for students in need, this new policy would allow students to own approved dogs on-campus as pets. Amenities include a dog-run for exercise, on-campus washing station, and dog-friendly lounge space. Upperclassmen who choose to live in St. George Hall may apply to bring an approved dog with them to campus beginning the Fall 2019 semester. Important information to note:
- An approved dog is under thirty (30) pounds and is registered with the Division of Student Affairs in accordance with the guidelines included with the complete policy available for download below.
- Students who wish to own a dog on campus must sign a dog ownership agreement
- Student Owners must submit an Approved Dog Accommodation Fee
- Only one dog is permitted per unit
- The Student Owner is fully responsible for the behavior of the Approved Dog. Any and all damages caused by the Approved Dog will be the responsibility of the Student Owner.
- The Approved Dog must have all required vaccinations and licenses, must be sprayed or neutered at the appropriate age, and must have current identification tags in accordance with Philadelphia Dog Ordinances. The Approved Dog must be tagged with the Student Owner’s contact information.
- All roommates/apartmentmates of the student owner must sign a roommate attestation acknowledging a dog will be living in their unit
For the checklist of required items and all necessary forms Download the Complete Policy.
For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office of Residence Life at 215.951.1370.