Virtual Alumni Engagement
Welcome to La Salle University’s virtual alumni engagement space. Our goal is to provide you with the opportunity to stay connected to the Explorer community, wherever you are!
Browse through career resources, speaker series featuring industry leaders, faculty lectures, La Salle TV programming and more. Please check back frequently, as we will continue to update the content provided here.
Alumni Virtual Engagement Opportunities
October 4-8, 2021 | Explorer Executives on Campus (virtual or in-person) This program is designed to bring together professionals from all majors and undergraduate students in an informal classroom setting. Participants can sign up to present in-person or virtually. As an Explorer Executive, you will be introduced by the faculty member and have approximately 15-20 minutes to present to the class. The second half of the class is devoted to discussion or Q&A with the instructor and students.
Thursday October 7, 6:30 PM | Meet the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation. Join Brian Baptiste J.D. for an interactive presentation and discussion on La Salle Athletics including updates on our athletic teams, community service efforts, academic progress of student athletes, and how alumni can support La Salle Athletics.
Tuesday October 12, 12 PM | Return to the Workforce – Part 1 – The Decision. Each week the facilitator will introduce the topic, then participants will discuss that week’s topic in breakout sessions. Whether you have left the workforce for one year or twenty, join us for this introduction to career relaunch.
Tuesday October 19, 12 PM | Return to the Workforce – Part 2 – The Target. In Part 2 we will discuss how to gain career direction clarity.
Tuesday October 26, 12 PM | Return to the Workforce – Part 3 – The Strategies and Resources. In Part 3 we will look at the most effective strategies for returning to work, and resources to facilitate the journey.
Tuesday November 2, 12 PM | Return to the Workforce – Part 4 – Moving Forward. In Part 4 we will look at internal and external challenges in moving forward.
If you have an upcoming webinar idea or topic of interest that you would like to see offered to alumni, please email your suggestions to email@example.com.
Virtual Alumni Coffee House Series
Remember the good old days of sipping coffee and listening to live music in Backstage of the La Salle Union Building or in the E & F Lounge? It was a blast reliving those glory days with the new initiative of the Alumni Association, Virtual Alumni Coffee House, this past winter and spring. Check out the archived sessions below, and stay tuned for more in the coming months.
COVID-19 Archive Project
We are inviting members of the La Salle community to contribute their personal experiences, photos, videos, etc. documenting how this pandemic has affected them. This includes students, staff, faculty, Christian Brothers, and alumni. For more information and to contribute, visit the archive website.
La Salle Alumni Virtual Book Club
In this online community, alumni connect with each other and enjoy books related to lifelong learning, social issues, literature, psychology, and other user-submitted ideas. There is no cost to participate – you just have to get a copy of the book to enjoy.
The book club will connect through a private online forum where people can discuss the current book and network with each other. The group will spend two months on each book, so you’ll have plenty of time to read. You can sign up and learn more here: https://www.pbc.guru/lasalle.
The current selection, Libertie by Kaitlyn Greenidge – kicks off on October 14th , and goes through December 16th.
LinkedIn Webinar Series
- Meet the Interim Dean of The School of Business – Dr. Yusuf Joseph Ugras
- Meet the Dean of Arts and Sciences with Pamela Barnett, Ph.D.
- Adulting 101: The Path to Employment – Tips and Tricks from an Insider. Presented by Shawnda Kohr, ’12 Recruitment Program Manager, Microsoft
- The Game Show Gauntlet – Night 2 – Wheel of Fortune!
- The Game Show Gauntlet – Night 1 – Family Feud!
- Virtual Coffee House Series featuring acoustic performances by Associate Professor of Communication Mike Smith, Ph.D. and La Salle University German Literature instructor Jason Ager, Ph.D., ’04
- Adulting 101: How to Make Your Money Work for You! Facilitated by Rashon M. Howard, ’10 MSFP, AFC®️
- Finance 101: How to Complete a FAFSA Facilitated by: Alex Fink, MA ’19 Associate Director, Student Financial Aid
- Virtual Coffee House Series: featuring the music of Joe Romano, ’91 and Eugene Joyce, ’85
- Virtual Coffee House Series: featuring the music of Chris Peszka, ’87 and David Falcone, Ph.D., Professor of Psycholog
- Adulting 101: Networking in a Virtual World presented by Sean W. Hand ’09, accomplished national speaker, trainer, and creator of the Awkward Networker.
- How to Build Your Financial Plan presented by Charles Weeks ’01, CFP, Founding Partner at Barrister
- Cybersecurity: Resolutions for Maintaining Proper Cyber Hygiene in the New Year amidst the Challenging COVID-19 World Facilitated by Robert Emrich, MBA ’03, CPA, CISA, CFSA, CFE, Owner of Riskcop Advisory, LLC
- Virtual Coffee House Series: featuring the music of Vincent Schneider, ’83 and Miles Thompson, MS, ’19
- Virtual Coffee House Series: featuring the music of Joe Lynch, ’82 and Matthew and Kelly Radomile, ’13
- Virtual Alumni Coffee House Series: featuring the music of Joe Rebl, ’91 and Diego Calderin, ’83
- Virtual Alumni Coffee House Series featuring the music of Dr. John Dougherty, ‘82 and Michael Glanzmann, ’07
- Virtual Alumni Association Awards Ceremony
- Meet the Dean Series: Nursing and Health Sciences with Dean Kathy Czekanski, Ph.D., R.N., C.N.E.
- In the Kitchen with Chef Jeff Lin, La Salle and Aramark’s Executive Chef “tailgate menu”
- Virtual Wine Tasting with Michael Madrigale, ’99, Sommelier
- Meet the Dean Series “Back to Business Briefing” Dean MarySheila McDonald, JD, La Salle University School of Business
- Pajama Party Bedtime Story: “Super Sammie Saves the Day!” with author Jeremy Uhrich, ’01 (geared to ages Pre-K to 4th grade).
- Meet the Dean Series: Arts and Sciences Pamela Barnett, Ph.D.
- In the Kitchen with Chef Jeff Lin, La Salle and Aramark’s Executive Chef
- Virtual Beer Tasting with Matt Lally, ’08, brewer at Evil Genius Brewing Company
- Kids and the Kitchen: A Recipe for Success! Facilitated by Kathy Wolper, ’78, founder of Kitchen Wizards.
- The 15 Minute Master: How to Make Everything Better 15 Minutes at a Time. Facilitiated by Mary Fran Bontempo, ’81.
- Surviving the Panini Press: Strategies for Balancing Remote Work and Homeschool presented by Jamie Longo, Ph.D., ’99
- 41st Annual Grimes/Burke Lecture: Psychopathology and Treatment of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) presented by Edna B. Foa, Ph.D.
Additional webinars that the Alumni Association hosted that were not recorded included: Owning Your Career Series: Non-Profit Board Governance Training and Retirement Planning.
La Salle Athletics
La Salle Art Museum
Visit the La Salle University Art Museum from home! Check out the entire art collection online. Also, follow the Art Museum on Facebook and Instagram @lasalleuniversityartmuseum for daily highlights . When you share or visit the collection online, use #museumfromhome and post a picture highlighting La Salle’s Art Museum.
La Salle TV
La Salle University’s educational access cable television channel 56 is produced by the students, staff, faculty, and alumni. La Salle TV airs programming 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through cable or Verizon Fios within the city of Philadelphia. The station provides the La Salle University community, the over 300,000 homes we reach, and our YouTube viewers with educational and entertaining programs.