Workshops & Training
The ID Team conducts training, workshops, and one-on-one consultations upon request. Contact us at IDTeam@lasalle.edu for help with introducing students to new technology, group training for faculty and staff, orientations or for one-on-one meetings.
Upcoming Workshops and Training (Register for upcoming workshops through the Canvas Dashboard.)
ID Team Workshops
- Adding Rubrics to Canvas Assignments: August 9 @ 12:30-1:00pm – Learn to build Rubrics for assignments and discussions and managing your rubric library in Canvas
- Managing and Sharing Panopto Videos in Canvas: August 18 @ 12:30-1:00pm – A quick demonstration on managing your video folders in Panopto and sharing options, including copying videos from course to course.
- Methods to Avoiding Cheating in Canvas: August 23 @ 12:00-1:00pm – A discussion with peers and ID Team about methods of avoiding cheating online.
- Accessibility Online: September 1 @ 12:30-1:00pm – A short tutorial on how to create documents in MS Office and Canvas to ensure ADA compliance.
Academic Partnership Workshops
- Facilitating Courses with Engaged Learners: August 16, 2022 @ 1:00pm-What is substantive interaction and how does your role as a facilitator address high touch strategies in your online course? Draft a 7-week facilitation plan including strategies to engage students in discussion boards.
La Salle instructors that are new to teaching online are encouraged to participate in our 4-week, asynchronous, online training course called Teaching Online With La Salle (TOWL). Contact the ID Team to enroll in the next course beginning Sept. 26.
A TOWL Refresher, 2-week asynchronous course is also available to learn about important updates in regulations and technology for keeping your course current. Contact the ID Team to enroll in the next course beginning Sept. 26.
Online Self-Help Resources
For all faculty that need support in using Canvas for online, hybrid, or face-to-face courses, check out The Training Hub in Canvas for topic focused modules that walk you through essential features of Canvas.
Search Canvas Guides, or use the links to Canvas Support, chat and hotline in the HELP section of your Canvas course.