Turnitin’s SimCheck is a plagiarism prevention system that makes it easy to identify students who submit unoriginal work. It acts as a powerful deterrent to stop plagiarism before it starts. SimCheck is integrated with Canvas and can be selected within your Canvas assignment settings that are set to “Online Submission.”
All work submitted to SimCheck is checked against three databases of content:
- a copy of the publicly accessible Internet,
- millions of published works,
- papers submitted to La Salle University’s repository.
Students can upload the following documents:
- Microsoft Word™ (DOC and DOCX)
- Microsoft PowerPoint™ (PPT and PPTX)
- Plain text (TXT)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- OpenOffice (ODF)
- Zip files (ZIP) to submit multiple files at once; limit is 100 files OR 100MB
NOTE: PDF documents must contain text to be submitted. PDF files containing only images of text will be rejected during the upload attempt.
Honorlock is the online test proctoring solution supported at La Salle University. Please review the information on this page to get started with Honorlock. There are many factors to consider when implementing Honorlock in your online course. (please note that the New Quizzes feature in Canvas does not support Proctoring tools other than Respondus at this time.) Honorlock licenses are only intended for fully online courses or by special request. Contact email@example.com for more information.